I made it! Four midterms later, I have the rest of the week ahead of me with no tests, no homework due, no responsibilities. No showers, no sleep, no laundry. No going to class! No brushing my teeth! NO LEARNING!
No, just kidding. It won't be all fun and games, but it is definitely a relief to be done with those tests. I celebrated by eating zucchini bread, peanut butter and an apple for dinner tonight. Every combination of those three foods was a winner.
As for my tests....Two of them went pretty well. One went kinda well. And the last one...let's not talk about the last one. But really, it was awful. I haven't gotten the score back yet, but I'm expecting the worst. But it's ok, I'll just study extra hard next time.
This weekend, I printed out a bunch of quotes and pictures and equations and random things, and taped them all around the apartment. It is my first (in my life, I think) concerted attempt at decoration. I've always kinda had the idea to tape quotes and things to my walls, but this idea was especially encouraged this year by my General Education course, in which we're discussing the significant impact your environment plays in the shaping of your personality, your character, your thoughts. Essentially, everything about you is shaped by the environment in which you live. And I don't just mean how much money you make or your geographical location, but every little thing with which you interact during the day, like a teacher or a television show you watch, or even a doorknob. It's important be be aware of what goes into your mind, otherwise you might not like what comes out. It was this idea which spurred the quote-taping. Some of my favorites:
"If you smile when no one else is around, you really mean it."
"When angry, count to four. When very angry, swear."
"love the world you find"
"Any emotion, if it is sincere, is involuntary."
"The only way to keep your health is to eat what you don't want, drink what you don't like, and do what you'd rather not."
And I taped Coulomb's Law and Gauss's Law onto my door under a picture of each of these physicists in order to help me remember these concepts. And because they're damn good-looking men.
Tuesday, September 29, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ReplyDeleteYou should also be pretty damn excited that I am coming to kick it old school with you. BOOM. wait, no. hit it hard.
ReplyDelete