Sunday, June 28, 2009

27 Dollars

An amazing thing happened today; just the sort of thing I need to tell the world about. My mom came to me as I was perched in front of my computer (executing a very important business transaction, no doubt) and told me she had a surprise. I followed her into her sewing room and she presented me with a round blue tin with pictures of geese on it. The tin recalled memories of my childhood, a simpler time when men were men and goose tins were goose tins. Slowly, under the expectant gaze of my mother, I peeled off the lid and pulled out...27 dollars!

Apparently little Kevin had asked Mom to keep this money safe for him so he wouldn't spend it on anything frivolous, as small children are likely to do. I was such a genius. If I hadn't given my mom that money, it would have surely been blown on the latest fad, something I was crazy about one day and would forget about the next. Nope, I was smarter than that, leaving the money in the trusted hands of my older self. And I already know what I'm going to spend it on: slacklining gear! I was introduced to the sport of slacklining yesterday, and already I'm in love with it, which should tell you a little something about how awesome it is, if I was able to reach this magnitude of love (at a rough guess, I'm experiencing a love level of 93.42 angstroms) in such a short amount of time.

I'm so glad I didn't fritter this money away when I was young. Now I can spend it on something really worthwhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment